gamm3000
So much growth and healing have taken place in the nine months since my WS agreed to leave her AP and move back home to begin working on rebuilding things, that we recently made the decision to get remarried.

We have been attending a weekly marriage class at our church where we were in a closed group with five other couples. They all had various issues with their marriages, but we were the only ones who were actually divorced and who were dealing with the devastating aftermath of an affair. Our D-day was two and a half years ago and the affair had been going on for close to two years before that. She left me for him and filed for a divorce which was final over a year and a half ago. 

However, two weeks ago, at the end of the final session of the marriage course, my wife of almost 40 years and I were married again in a brief ceremony performed by one of the pastors who oversaw the program. It was a surprise to the rest of the group which added a fun and memorable touch. We brought out cupcakes and pink lemonade afterward. 

It took a long time to get to this point. A lot of pain, a lot of anger, a lot of tears, a lot of honesty, a lot of humility, a lot of understanding, a lot of patience and a lot of forgiveness. Of course the real restoration is just starting since we now actually have a marriage to restore. But in our case, this does give us a degree of closure and a new starting point with a new loving commitment. In a way it seemed good that we were divorced because it meant our old marriage really was over. We are starting fresh.

I might add that, among other helpful recovery resources, we had some remote coaching from Tim. His expertise and the material he pointed us to were very helpful. My wish for everyone here, especially those who are separated or divorced, is that they could get through this and be able to have a new start like we have. I know that can't always happen, but I wanted to share our story to show that it is possible.
Quote 11 0
anthropoidape
Wow.

And congratulations! That's quite a journey and an inspiration for many of us.
Maybe it is okay, maybe it will be okay.

BS, d-day Feb 2017, 16 mth affair.
Quote 2 0
BBG
That's a beautiful story ... thanks for sharing that with us! 
Quote 2 0
Dirazz
#lovewins!
Quote 1 0
DorothyJane7
I'm so glad to hear your story. Thank you for sharing your story.
Quote 1 0
Anna26
That's fantastic news, wishing you the very best of luck in your brand new marriage!
Quote 1 0
Alison
At long last!  A success story to read.  You are an inspiration to us all.  
Quote 1 0
stillfetup
Good for you.  I wish you both all the best and much happiness in the future.
Quote 1 0
StandingMan
I am new to AH, and have been reading so many stories that are the same as mine.  My divorce was final last week, and I too said that it’s a good thing, because our old marriage was not healthy.  My W(ex)S is still with the same guy, and I am still hopeful someday we can come together again and try and put the incredible family we started back together.  Thank you for your story.
Standing for my marriage... and falling down a lot!
BS: Married 13 yrs, together 15:  2 boys 9 & 13
Separated 4/2016
D-Day 9/30/2016
Divorced 1/2018
Quote 2 0
Negarcia
gamm3000 wrote:
In a way it seemed good that we were divorced because it meant our old marriage really was over. We are starting fresh.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your spouse😉
I have thought about this, if it ever worked out for me and my spouse might be easier to start over! 
Quote 0 0
D
Beautiful testimony!!! Thank you for sharing your story of tears and triumph with us. ❤️
I'm not what happened to me. 

The joy of the Lord is my strength. 

~Nehemiah 8:10~
Quote 0 0
speedracer
gamm3000,

I was active on this site about a year ago - at the time your R was just a thought and you had no idea what the future would bring.  I dropped of the AH radar because reading all the stories were similar to mine and there seemed to be that none of them ever spoke about a resolution.  I recently got back on because I someone had replied to an old post I made.  Another PM me...  I'm so glad I was able to see your post and see that things did eventually workout for you -
Great news!  Take care and I hope the best for both of you!

Speed
Quote 1 0
gamm3000
speedracer wrote:
gamm3000,

I was active on this site about a year ago - at the time your R was just a thought and you had no idea what the future would bring.  I dropped of the AH radar because reading all the stories were similar to mine and there seemed to be that none of them ever spoke about a resolution.  I recently got back on because I someone had replied to an old post I made.  Another PM me...  I'm so glad I was able to see your post and see that things did eventually workout for you -
Great news!  Take care and I hope the best for both of you!

Speed

Thank you very much Speed. I hope it's encouraging for others to know that it is possible. I feel very fortunate. I wish it could happen to everyone. 
Quote 1 0
arizons
thank you so much for sharing this!!!!!!!!!!!! and congrats, I am so happy for you!
Female BS, D-day 1/03/2017, 
I'm going to rebuild me like a remix,

and raise my soul like a Phoenix 
Quote 0 0