UrbanExplorer Show full post »
UrbanExplorer
My first response to being caught in an affair was a reflection of the affair fog - marriage was a roommate situation, felt ignored/neglected, developed feelings out of friendship with AP. All defensive stuff. 

I've mentioned it before, but discernment counseling was critical for my marriage.
Quote 0 0
Trinity
Forgiveness is surrendering my right to hurt you for hurting me.”  Arch Hart: 
BS - DDay July 2017

O GOD, take me, break me, make me. 
Quote 4 0
SadAndLonely
I LOVE THAT TRINITY!!!  So true!!!!  Thanks for sharing!
BS: Married 8-1/2 yrs, together 13
Separated 6/11/17
D-Day 3/10/17
Quote 0 0
Trinity
This was from my "reading" today, though I would share. 

Forgiveness is freeing someone of the punishment they deserve for their deed.  Relationships, however, are built on trust and actions. A relationship will never be restored without forgiveness, but to have true restoration more things are often needed too.  Forgiveness does not mean the one who was cheated on must act as though the affair never happened.  He or she has every right to ask extra questions if that person is going on a business trip similar to the trip where the affair took place. The person who was cheated on is not required to instantly no longer be sad or hurt. If the person who did the offending complains about the relationship still being different even though they asked for forgiveness, they are misunderstanding

"T"
BS - DDay July 2017

O GOD, take me, break me, make me. 
Quote 1 0