BlindCheetah

We currently have a cruise booked for November, I’m eagerly awaiting a cancellation notice. It was booked before DDAY and I believe before affair 2.  I have been hoping for a cancellation since March, haven’t said a word to MIL because I don’t want to listen to her b!t¢h about loosing $. 

I dread the idea of being trapped on a boat with MIL even a huge one.  The last cruise we went on was immediately before DDay and was emotionally really f’ed up. The one before that I came home with pneumonia was almost hospitalized and as soon as I started to feel better my youngest daughter started showing pneumonia symptoms, hers wasn’t as bad but it was hard on all of us. I’d happily never step foot on a cruise ship again. It is my MIL’s addiction and she’s paying for it all. 

Just waiting for the official announcement. Looking forward to making alternate Thanksgiving plans.

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 
Affair 1, 11/2010 to 2/2011
Affair 2, 6/2019 to 12/2019 - Persistent One is still trying to contact him. 

Quote 1 0
despairwh
I believe most (probably all) cruise lines have modified their cancellation policy to cope with the pandemic.  Bookings can be canceled for a full credit (not refund) to apply towards future cruises so there should be no money loss. 
It is a reasonable/understandable suggestion from anyone who prefers to cancel or postpone trips at this time to avoid the current virus situation.
You can call the cruise line to inquire, if they confirm that it can be canceled with full credit, then you pass the information along.
Taking vacation should help reducing stress, not aggravating it further.
Quote 0 0
BlindCheetah
The money has never been my problem, MIL is a chronic cruiser and insists on taking us with her occasionally. The kids will be disappointed but they understand and don’t want to get sick. If we had asked her to cancel, she would have gotten partial credit and we would have never heard the end of it if the cruise line canceled later. Waiting was a gamble.

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 
Affair 1, 11/2010 to 2/2011
Affair 2, 6/2019 to 12/2019 - Persistent One is still trying to contact him. 

Quote 0 0