Ijustcant
BS, D-Day December 11, 2015.

Sorry on the front end but it may seem like a long ramble/rant but there is a point to what I am trying to say.

The last 2+ years have been the most difficult in my life but I am going to focus on a couple of things that have happened in the last 6 months that have really got my brain going. One particular event that happened a couple weeks ago really got me to pondering the last 6 months of my life. I was walking into my local gas station when I noticed a credit card on the ground. I picked it up, noticed one other lady in the gas station, and asked her if it was hers. She said no and I gave it to the clerk at the store. The lady in the store proceeded to tell me, "How that was really nice of me to do." Leaving the store it struck me as odd that she would give me such praise for doing the right thing. I couldn't help but shake the thought that, "Do we really live in a society that is surprised when someone does the right thing?" Do "WE" treat people so horribly that when someone is actually nice, we are shocked by it?

I recently lost 2 siblings within a couple of weeks of one another. On the day I received word about my second siblings passing, I was working a scheduled double and had to work the rest of the afternoon and evening. When the afternoon shift manager arrived she asked "You're staying over, right?" and that was all the greeting I received, no "Hello!" or "How was your day?" Another girl arrived with her usual scowl, crappy attitude, and oozing negativity, all while I put on my customer service face/attitude and wrapped up the evening. Their attitudes and my general crappy day got me to thinking...

Is it really so difficult for people to treat each other decently? Is it really so hard to be nice?

Life, in general, just sucks sometimes, or as a good friend of mine used to say, "Sometimes life just serves you up a crap sandwich, that you have to eat!" I have learned many things over that last couple of years. 1. Life does serve you a crap sandwich (sometimes multiples and sometimes all at the same time), and your only option is to eat it, but  2. Just because it was your turn for the sandwich, doesn't mean you have to force it on or share with others. 3. You have no idea what a person may be dealing with in their life, whether it be the loss of a parent, spouse, sibling, job, house, or maybe they just found out their spouse was cheating, or their spouse is divorcing them, or maybe they just got a cancer diagnosis, or maybe they just had an all around crappy day. 4. Your one small kind action or gesture could possibly be the one thing that changes their day, attitude, or just gives them enough hope to believe in people still.

Again, sorry for the long rant, but I guess what it has all boiled down to for me is one simple and basic rule. "Treat others as you would want to be treated"

Is it really so difficult? I feel that if most BS's truly gave this idea some thought before they acted, most of us wouldn't be here, or I'd at least like to believe most of us wouldn't.
Quote 1 0
hurting
Like you, I live by that same standard. I have found/picked up iPhones and credit cards and either taken them to a security office or police etc depending on where I found the items. I was shocked when I heard one of my ‘friends’ happily telling others about how they got a new iPhone because they had found one. To me, that’s akin to stealing.

I thought that it was just the right thing yo do and part of basic human decency. Clearly some people seem to hold themselves to a higher standard than others. I’m not sure how this applies to the WS as I thought my WS was the kind of person who would also turn in something he found. That certainly didn’t stop him from cheating on me though. So much for basic human decency...

as someone else said on here recently... the first thing a cheater seems to do is set fire to their conscience and lose all decency...
Quote 2 0