azqueenofhearts
I would not say I'm religious but I do attend church. This past Sunday the message was overcoming discouragement. They said we can't change past events. But we can overcome them and prevent future ones. But mostly what I took from it was when they said the best way to get better was to help those who are now going through tough times we have been in prior. We help ourselves by pulling up others who are suffering like we did. And well, that message hit home for me. Everyone on this thread has helped me and is helping me by their own experiences. And in a way I hope I can help someone else someday.

"God comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us." 2 Corinthians 1:4

Thank you everyone. I took the advice and when those triggers hit I focus on what's going right. I also took the advice of thinking maybe it did happen that way. Let my mind settle with it and than think so what does that make me feel now. And it usually goes away. Two tips that have helped me have a good weekend away camping with my family for Father's Day. So thank you again everyone.
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
I'm so proud of you azqueenofhearts!! One step at a time!
Quote 0 0
Anna26
You already are helping to support others azqueenofhearts.  Each person in this community has a very different tale to tell and very different viewpoints and experiences to bring here.  Even when a new member comes along, they still can have valuable thoughts and ideas to add. 
I think that's something this community is really good at. Even when we are feeling down, we are still capable of reaching out to others in pain, despite our own. 
I think we are all kind, and caring individuals, hurting and battle scarred maybe, but still feeling enough compassion to put a virtual arm around someone else when they need it.  This community is growing into something truly inspirational, and I for one am proud of us...
Anyone else with me on this one?
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
ABSOLUTELY!! I have found healing in helping others! Maybe TimT had this in mind all along?!
Quote 0 0
Anna26
Dirazz wrote:
ABSOLUTELY!! I have found healing in helping others! Maybe TimT had this in mind all along?!

I think he probably did... he's planted a seed, watered it a lot, and it's now growing strongly..
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
So thankful to Tim T and his wife Sharon! What a wonderful gift they have given all of us!
Quote 1 0
ConfusedInLimbo
Definitely agree Anne26. The support I get from here keeps me going and hopeful. Azqueen I'm so glad you had a good camping weekend, it's all progress. I hope all of us eventually get to healing and keep up the support even through it.
Quote 0 0
azqueenofhearts
I just wanted to share that the Marriage Retreat this weekend went awesome. Not to say I didn't have a trigger at one point. But I didn't walk out. Instead he held strong and got me through it. A whole weekend of just us and only one hour melt down I guess isn't so bad. Anyways, it was a 3 day Christian based seminar. We made a weekend get away for just the two of us. A stay-cation if you will. We arrived early the first day to hang out at the hotel pool since I love to swim and love the water. The second day was an all day seminar and it ended about 4pm so couples could plan a date night. Sunday morning was split so that men and woman attended different sessions and the final session was together again. It was the best way to end the seminar. My husband even recommended this seminar to others now!!! I was shocked. He told me he wished we attended before. He didn't know if he would like this event but he will do anything for me. And he truly enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I can recommended any seminars on here. So I should find out before posting the seminar we attended. I guess you could always message me if you want the name? Anyways, I am filled with hope after this weekend. And wanted to share with you all. My support system. ❤️
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
That is awesome azqueenofhearts!! I'm am truly happy for you! We can overcome this and build better and stronger marriages!!
Quote 0 0