TimT

From the moment of D-Day (affair discovery or disclosure), how long did it take the unfaithful partner in your relationship to tell the truth about the affair? 21  votes

The truth came out immediately. 2 votes
9%
 1 Week 1 vote
4%
 1 Month 1 vote
4%
 2-6 Months 9 votes
42%
 6-12 Months 2 votes
9%
 More than 1 Year 3 votes
14%
 I'm still waiting for the truth. 3 votes
14%
This poll has been closed.
Answer this poll from the perspective of the most recent affair in your marriage/relationship, whether you are the unfaithful partner or the betrayed partner. 
Quote 0 0
CrippledLamb
Should this say "how long did it the the unfaithful partner" rather than betrayed partner?
Quote 0 0
TimT
CrippledLamb wrote:
Should this say "how long did it the the unfaithful partner" rather than betrayed partner?

Oops! Thank you for catching that!!
Quote 0 0
TimT
I know our sampling is rather small, but it's not surprising that the majority of responses stated that it took over 2 months for the truth to come out... often much longer. Unfortunately, this simply compounds the damage. One of my most important "jobs" as a counselor is to help the unfaithful partner understand the benefit of telling the truth. The longer they resist, the more trust is damaged. In most cases, the length of recovery would be greatly diminished with a quick confession. 
Quote 1 0