raggedylaura
After the discovery of an affair, some couples move into a stage called, 'open marriage.'. This is a situation where it is ok for a spouse to have sex with someone outside of marriage certificate.

I am for and against such lifestyle.   The reason I am for is because it eliminates so much dishonesty.   I actually have heard of lesbian couples who invite male partners into their home and they end up sharing the same man.   In another case, a wife wants to meet the affair partner of the husband and make sure to establish positive friendship.  The affair partner was cooperative.  To each their own choices in that way.

I am against 'open marriage' in that it create social havoc.  What if the affair partner only wants to make babies and collect child support.  There is no love when that is the only reason an affair partner wants sex with someone else husband.  Its really bad when the affair partner wants the husband to break marriage apart and distance husband from his own  children....... the affair partner was jealous when husband was around me his wife.... this was our case until husband broke off his affair relationship.

Ultimately I support 'biblical marriage'...... goal is to achieve fullness of love for one spouse in lifetime.
Quote 0 0
neslon
I'm not one for sharing.  If I wouldn't share my toothbrush...sharing my husband is a bad idea.  I can't imagine a kid or teenager growing up in that household but to each their own as long as all parties have the same information and consideration.  An affair was basically having an open lifestyle but as the BS I wasn't privy to the information.  
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
If it's not Gods plan then I don't do it.
Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
To each thier own, but I'm not into sharing.
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 0 0
wolfgrrl
My husband once mentioned to me that a co-worker was in an open marriage. I think he found it intriguing. Looking back, maybe that should have been a sign for me. But I told him right then and there that I support any consensual things two people choose to do. But that would NEVER be us. As neslon pointed out though, looks like my h decided to have an open marriage without my consent.
Quote 0 0
raggedylaura
wolfgrrl wrote:
My husband once mentioned to me that a co-worker was in an open marriage. I think he found it intriguing. Looking back, maybe that should have been a sign for me. But I told him right then and there that I support any consensual things two people choose to do. But that would NEVER be us. As neslon pointed out though, looks like my h decided to have an open marriage without my consent.

That's probably how open marriage begins....   though how people handle conception and child raising is a thing some people choose to ignore.... and call it lovemaking....

When its an affair its 'betrayal making'.... not 'love making'
Quote 0 0