decemberdeb
so my husband lost his job...had an affair with an employee, he was the boss. 

I feel like my world is all broken.  We are trying to move forward and have our first appointment with a marriage counselor next Tuesday. 

This is hard. 
Quote 1 0
Vanessa
SO sorry you are in this horrible situation.
A few words of caution from someone who has "been there" - be very careful in choosing your counselor - a marriage counselor is different from an affair counselor.  Many marriage counselors want to blame the victim and somehow indicate that the BS is somehow responsible for the WS behavior.  Don't buy into that nonsense.  You were both in the same marriage and you didn't cheat.  If he was THAT miserable, he could have talked to you, sought counseling or asked for a separation or divorce.  He choose to lie to you and in doing so cause you great emotional harm, financial harm and risked your health by sleeping with someone else without your knowledge or consent.  Step number 1 is get tested for stds.
Focus on YOU, heaven knows no one else is.  Be kind to yourself and seek the support of family, friends or forums like this.  I suggest reading old posts here as well.
strength to you on this awful journey.
Quote 4 0
ssix6pack
I’m so sorry. The pain of betrayal is unlike any I’ve ever encountered. Feel free to post here as you process this pain. I found it invaluable, especially in those first few months. 
Betrayed female
2/11/18, d day #1. 
1/2019, d day #2.
Over a decade of unfaithfulness. 
Quote 3 0
Avellino1
So sorry you are in this situation.  This forum was so valuable in my healing.  Share your experiences if it helps and you will find so much empathy.  We have been there.. My advice right now is take time to absorb and dont make any rash decisions.
Quote 2 0
Hurting2014
Sad to hear another story of betrayal. Yes, agree with above posts 
- to take care of YOU
- do not make rash decisions
- post here if you need to vent
- what happened is not your choice and therefore not your fault. No one can ever justify an affair. It is WRONG. And again, that is not YOUR fault. They are adults who made the choices for their own selfish selves.
Female, BS, D-day Mid 2014. Still sad. Trying to cope while no one else knows I am broken.
Quote 2 0
Alexay02
I am so sorry that you're going through this.  I will echo what everyone else has said already, this forum is a great support system and you will get to see that you're not alone as we understand the agony you are going through.  This is your mantra, repeat it to yourself often in the next few days, weeks, months:

- to take care of YOU
- do not make rash decisions
- post here if you need to vent
- what happened is not your choice and therefore not your fault. No one can ever justify an affair. It is WRONG. And again, that is not YOUR fault. They are adults who made the choices for their own selfish selves.
Quote 1 0
arizons
I am sorry your going through this but since you are, glad you found us. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but one way or another...things will slowly get better... it might take a long time to feel something of normal again. We are here for you
Female BS, D-day 1/03/2017, 
I'm going to rebuild me like a remix,

and raise my soul like a Phoenix 
Quote 2 0