Mommaatwill
Im not sure what to do about dealing with my daughter in laws affair with a family friend.

What makes this complicated is that my son has a personality disorder. called " Maladaptive Daydreaming ".  In which he's living in his own reality.

I dont know how hes gonna process this when he finds out.
They've been married for ten years with no kids.

He's 36 and she 33.
Quote 0 0
pea
As a mother you must tell your son. I absolutely could not imagine not telling my son something like that. No doubt it will be incredibly hard, but is the RIGHT thing to do. It just wouldnt even be an option to me to keep this from my own flesh and blood. 

Find a time where you know he will be safe and sit down with him and just do it. He will look back one day and thank you. Take care of your son and know you are doing the right thing.
Quote 0 0
Mommaatwill
pea wrote:
As a mother you must tell your son. I absolutely could not imagine not telling my son something like that. No doubt it will be incredibly hard, but is the RIGHT thing to do. It just wouldnt even be an option to me to keep this from my own flesh and blood. 

Find a time where you know he will be safe and sit down with him and just do it. He will look back one day and thank you. Take care of your son and know you are doing the right thing.

I know all this its just his personality that Im worried about
Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
Consult a professional before talking to him about it. 
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 2 0
Mommaatwill
Keepabuzz wrote:
Consult a professional before talking to him about it. 

That does make sense. 
Quote 0 0
ThrivenotSurvive
I agree.  I don't know much about that particular disorder and it pays to be well prepared when someone is at a emotional disadvantage.
BS - Female
Married 27 years, one adult child
DD May 2016

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - V Frankl
Quote 0 0
Mommaatwill
I agree.  I don't know much about that particular disorder and it pays to be well prepared when someone is at a emotional disadvantage.

Thank you but its more mental psychological.

I googled it
Quote 0 0
Mommaatwill
Ok everyone thanks for the opinions Ill see a therapist
Quote 0 0