strength1
So H and I have been slowly reconnecting and beginning to rebuild our marriage after a long affair which is still quite fresh.  To be honest, I feel that we were able to progress quite fast to enjoying being in each other's company once again - it's almost how it was when we were dating … without the romantic element so far. H is coming out of his alien state and back to being the person I loved and married. He is still sleeping in his rented room, but spending much of his free time at home with our daughters and I.  I was hoping we would soon naturally progress to rekindling the romantic spark again - quiet dinners, theatre, etc.   Basically, all things pointing to intimacy.

And then Corona hit our country... Now we're obliged to stay home and only go out in case we need to buy foodstuffs or other essentials.  So for the next minimum 2 weeks but more likely 1-2 months, H and I will work from home (luckily we have a home which allows separate workspaces), while our daughters will do virtual schooling.  H will continue to sleep in his rented room, and we have agreed that this is going to be a testing time, even though we're getting along really well - I think it would test most marriages.

So, the question: any ideas on how to allow the romantic spark, the intimacy, to at least bud in this new testing environment?    I feel that unless we keep moving in that field, we will lose the momentum.  I'd love to see the current situation as an opportunity rather than a threat, but I am quite lost. 
Quote 0 0
BlindCheetah

Are your kids old enough to have a few hours alone while you have a romantic date in his rented room? As soon as we started spending time together again and talking about things we’d been neglecting before the affair, well romance isn’t exactly what happened but definitely intimacy returned.  

We’ve all been together for most of the last week for spring break we’ll all be home at least another week, I’m getting ready for some time alone. 

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 
Affair 1, 11/2010 to 2/2011
Affair 2, 6/2019 to 12/2019 - Persistent One is still trying to contact him. 

Quote 0 0
strength1

Are your kids old enough to have a few hours alone while you have a romantic date in his rented room?

Unfortunately his rented room is a den of bad memories for me and of AF memories for him....  It would have been a great idea otherwise!

Quote 0 0
BlindCheetah
strength1 wrote:

Unfortunately his rented room is a den of bad memories for me and of AF memories for him....  It would have been a great idea otherwise!

Ewww! I’d want him out of that. Search YouTube for Esther Perel’s talk on Developing Erotic Intelligence. 

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 
Affair 1, 11/2010 to 2/2011
Affair 2, 6/2019 to 12/2019 - Persistent One is still trying to contact him. 

Quote 1 0