dennmu
Hello, I would like to begin exchanging messages for moral support. I would like a man who has been cheated on by his wife, and is well on his way to recovery. Compare stories and methods of healing. While reading all of your stories are helpful. Majority seems to be a betrayed wife. I find that coping, recovery and effect for a husband is very different from a wifes perspective.
Quote 0 0
UrbanExplorer
I think Tim2014 and Billybob have been in that situation. I am a female WS, and there are a few other women like me on here, but you are right that the stories mostly involve female BS and male WS. I am not sure what the reason is for that, since there isn't a huge statistical gap in unfaithful women vs men. Perhaps male BS are not as active in seeking support?

Also, I bet Tim T. can point to resources and stories from the male BS perspective.
Quote 0 0
TimT
If you haven't listened to this podcast, it may be of some help to you:
http://www.affairhealing.com/podcast105.html

Also, I have forwarded the link to your your comment to the husband (also named Tim) in that interview. I'm not sure if he's in this forum or not, so he may or not be able to comment.
Quote 0 0
Paul_J
Hi dennmu, I would be interested in this as well. I am early in the process and could definitely use the kind of insight and support you are referring to...please count me in, thanks.
Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
Dennmu,
I am willing to exchange messages, and support you. I am a betrayed husband, and I'm just past 1 year from d-day. I agree with you, I think it is different for a betrayed husbands than a betrayed wife. I'm not saying it's harder for us, just different. Different viewpoint, feelings, hurdles.
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 0 0
dennmu
Sorry for the delay in response, things have been pretty crazy. Well I would love for us to support each other and share our recovery. I'll start by sharing my story.

So, my wife had an affair. she claims it was three months, but I fell like it was longer. I saw it kind of coming, but at the same time I didn't. I didn't really think that she was capable of something like this. her and the other man started chatting on the phone all the time. she talked about him regulary, you think for a while, I'm not going to be that jealous type of guy. time goes by and I feel her start losing interest in me. Well I start hunting. Find some texts that show they are getting a little too close. nothing showing that they have done anything wrong, but too close for comfort. Well this started the downfall of our marriage. we grew distant, and they grew closer. one thing led to another and bam, full affair. that was three years ago. I have always know something was amiss, but I didn't actually know the truth until last year. We moved and she hung back for a while to straighten her head out. well she came back, and we found out she was pregnant. I was over joyed, as we have been trying for years. throughout her pregnancy things seemed to be getting better, we were growing closer again. about six months after the baby was born, I start seeing messages from the other man again. I confronted her many times, but it always came back that I was crazy. So, I did a paternity test, and that's how I found out about the affair, my daughter was not mine. Needless to say, I was double crushed. I'm still trying to fight my way through it, as I go along I find out even more. from him not knowing about the baby, to finally admitting that they did a test 2 months before I did, and have kept it secret from me. Now clearly I'm in a world full of hurt. I have a spouse who I can't believe half the time and seems to be losing interest in me. I have a daughter, who doesn't really belong to me, and I emotional wreck. like a yoyo. I'm getting angrier by the day, and therapist just keep telling me I'm fine. I feel like im completely lost, and my only solace is talking to a spouse who is completely inverted and shrinks when we talk about any of it. I know she feels terrible, but she continues to lie about things, mostly to protect me, but it doesn't, it just hurts more. Well that's my story and where im at.

Quote 0 0