Adrift Show full post »
Dirazz
azqueenofhearts, I think 24 hours without a break down is HUGE! Take every step forward no matter how small as a victory. I remember at the beginning literally having to take things min by min. I really felt like I was losing my mind. I couldn't sleep or eat for months. I've lost over 20 pounds since this started. Not a recommended diet for sure. At almost 10 months I still think about it everyday, but it's a thought and it passes without sadness or anger. But there are days that I can't seem to stop the sadness, those days I just need my husband to hold me and tell me how much he loves me and it goes away. Keep moving forward! Like Heidi said it's a hard journey, but so worth it!!
Quote 0 0
sabalias
For us it is also almost 10 months since D-day and I had a mini melt-down this weekend. Reading some of the posts on this thread I can draw close parallels with our own recovery and I have drawn some strength from them.

My wife is supportive, engaged, intimate, remorseful and committed to our marriage.

I am committed, mostly positive, engaged, intimate, appreciative and occasionally paranoid.

I do believe that we love each other very much indeed.

Thank you.
Quote 0 0