ThrivenotSurvive
I was just responding to a PM and in doing so, I realized that DDay had come and gone this year and I'd TOTALLY forgot.  

Granted I've been very busy transferring live events to virtual ones, but that never stopped me before.  

Once I realized it had passed, I got another shock.  I had trouble even remembering the correct date.  I had to sit and work backward from other events. 

I am shocked.  But also happy.  There is real healing.  There is a way to get past this.  I am not special.  

I hope this gives at least one person hope.  God knows I am overwhelmed with gratitude right now. 

There was a time when I thought the light in my life had dimmed forever, but I have come to believe there is a way out - it is just so much longer and harder than any of us ever want to believe.  Granted, it is wildly unfair that we basically have to go to Herculean lengths to save our own selves from a wound we didn't deserve.  But, for me at least, I am just glad that there is real healing and that I found this forum that showed me a light at the end of the tunnel when I needed it.  
BS - Female
Married 27 years, one adult child
DD May 2016

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - V Frankl
Quote 8 0
hurting
That’s amazing, Thrive! I hope I can get to that point too one day. Well done!!
Quote 2 0
Skelling
That is really encouraging. For me it still seems to come and go in waves after almost 2 years. So I am hoping for better in year 3, I guess. There are days and weeks and even months now, where I am really hopefully but now and then there is still the doubt and that dull pain, having me question, if I will ever be able to heal completely.
Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
My 5 year d-day anniversary is not too far off. I’m not dreading it this year. I’m sure I will have some no so great memories on that day, but strangely, I’m just not concerned about it. 
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 8 0
Jen1111
That’s good to hear, and it does give me hope
Quote 1 0
HML

Seriously ??? I reckon I will take mine to my grave or until the dementia sets in ..... tough so I will just live with it .... gotten used to it sitting at the back of my head always there always real can’t see how I will ever forget esp DDay it just passed and it all came flooding back in non confrontational silence.
Time can’t heal  the pain ..... only makes us manage the pain better !! 
Life goes on ...... overcome the triggers n execute self control and never trust 100 % ever again!!!
Stay Safe and stay out of the darkness .
Strive for your own happiness Always.

DDay May 2016

Quote 2 0
ThrivenotSurvive

HML - I was surprised too.  I was floored when I realized it. I definitely never believed it could happen and I don’t know if it will be different next year.  My life is a work in progress, lol. 

BS - Female
Married 27 years, one adult child
DD May 2016

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - V Frankl
Quote 1 0
minnie16
well done! hope that next year is the same for you.
For me, the big problem this year was my wedding anniversary.  It was 30 year.  I tried to have a good time at dinner, but the next day I was just sick to my stomach with pain all day.  It was almost like a "backlash" from the "fake" dinner.  Anyway, now I know that's my biggest trigger and next year will advise husband that we need to just ignore it...
D day June, 2016
ws affair: 18 months sexual affair plus 2 years emotional affair after. Ow 20 yrs old; WS 60
live in Texas
Quote 0 0
notemanj
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! That is wonderful to hear!  
Wishing everyone here peace and healing!

Female BS Married 18 yrs
DDay 3/7/2017 through 4/2019 and counting. 
Quote 0 0
Blessedby7
I can't imagine ever forgetting Dday, since that's also our wedding anniversary. One will probably always remind me of the other. 
Female BS
Dday 10/12/2018

Renewing myself one day at a time. 
Quote 0 0