Greyes128 Show full post »
Dirazz
Thanks Ginger. It is a healing word for me. I find AP bad too. There weren't parntners. And an affair is a happy event. Like we are going to a big affair! I prefer what I call her sometimes. I don't say it all the time, but if I feel the need I will call her exactly what she was at the time of it. She was a whore. If one word is enough for anthro to leave this sight then I'm sorry. We all are offended wronged people. We have the right to vent our true feelings. I am strictly talking about one person when I use that word. I am not using a broad brush to paint all the wayward spouses on here only my own and PLR( parking lot rat). 
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
I guess I need to go back to my posts from 2 years ago. It seems that I use that word every time I describe the OW according to one.  I don't believe that's true. But maybe I do?? 
Dont understand how that word could possibly stick in my head??🤔

Looking back on 2 years of my posts I maybe used the word 5 times out of hundreds of posts. Pretty great restrain on my part. 
Quote 1 0
anthropoidape
I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I thought it wad a reasonable thing to ask but perhaps not. 

Don't mind me.
Maybe it is okay, maybe it will be okay.

BS, d-day Feb 2017, 16 mth affair.
Quote 0 0
TimT
We encourage every member of this forum to be respectful of each other. A forum like this, that welcomes people from every side of the affair experience, is likely to trigger some reactions, but I think we all have something of value to learn from each other.

I would really prefer that before members contact me or one of the other coaches before a debate (about what is appropriate on this forum) goes too far. We have banned certain words, but not others. We understand the the language of hurt and anger can sometimes be a bit rougher than the words we typically use (you should hear what's said by clients in my office!), but we can look past the words into the heart of the matter. Can't we?

Great points of view are offered by people here. Please don't get sidetracked by a word.
Quote 0 0
Dirazz
Thanks Tim T your right. I only want to help not hurt anyone. 
Quote 0 0
blyrobin51
i agree Antrho....  no answer works......those questions that roam around  your head are  a many feathered bird!......they don't resolve.  no need in chasing them......they lead you down the rabbit hole.  
Quote 0 0
blyrobin51
Ginger wrote:
Personally,  I find "partner" more offensive as that word has positive connotations.  There is nothing positive in these "partnerships".  It's just a word to soften the blow.  I would never refer to her as his partner in anything as I don't believe partnerships are founded on lies, deceit, and destruction.  That's just my personal take on the semantics of these shtty situations we've all been forced in to.

I agree with you Ginger.  We are all at a certain place and point.  Lots of folks try to tell others what is "acceptable" or "appropriate" when on this site.   they always tell you they "understand" how you feel, but don't do whatever it is that is hitting too close to home.  I call them the "Affair Police"....  if I call my husband a whore, then that is what I feel he is.  if you call your cheater a WS , then have at it, your choice.   I too don't think AP or "partner" is healing!- how about that?!   my husband's whore was just like him...a whore.  whoever doesn't like it, chalk it up to angry BS.....and if you don't want to view your cheating spouse as a whore, then don't.   
Quote 0 0
anthropoidape
This thread is quite old. The dispute is probably my fault. I don't think it is worth rerunning. 
Maybe it is okay, maybe it will be okay.

BS, d-day Feb 2017, 16 mth affair.
Quote 0 0
blyrobin51
anthropoidape wrote:
This thread is quite old. The dispute is probably my fault. I don't think it is worth rerunning. 

I think the subject still applies to a lot of us on the thread. Old or not.  new members scroll through old threads, gain knowledge and support, advice, its still helpful.
Quote 0 0
ALRUI
blyrobin51 wrote:

I think the subject still applies to a lot of us on the thread. Old or not.  new members scroll through old threads, gain knowledge and support, advice, its still helpful.

Very true, I dont think the age of a thread on a forum has any bearing on the information within.
Quote 0 0