Amart1423
I admitted my mistakes in August 2015 (indiscretions 6 years ago). Since November, he has been unsure of which way to go. He emotionally cheated on me, and it turned physical after a night out with the other woman, where he made out with her several times. He says he loves me, and wants to work on things, but I don't feel we can even begin to work until he makes a decision, and I don't feel he can make a decision because he hasn't properly dealt with his anger and hurt- is that right? I'm tired of sitting in limbo waiting for his choice, especially after what he did to me.
Quote 0 0
TimT
You sit in Purgatory for as long as you are willing to wait for forgiveness and his willingness to join you in the work of recovery. Some betrayed spouses get to that place quickly, others take time, some never find their way to that place. If you both are engaged in an angry struggle, time will not likely move your relationship forward.

Is anyone helping the two of you? Are you seeing a counselor? It sounds like you both would benefit from someone who could help you both understand & empathize with each other. I'd hate to see you stuck in this pattern. But you are not bound to live forever in indecision or judgement.
Quote 1 0
Amart1423
Thank you. I contacted a few counselors in our area today and am going to get started. I'm glad he said he would go, for us both, not just for me.
Quote 1 0