Crushed
Phoenix's post got me to thinking. Because it is Thanksgiving week let's post something memorable that we have shared with our spouse.  Even though there has been a whole lot of bad to remember.  Telling my story of my first kiss with my spouse did bring back a good feeling of what it felt like for me.   So I will go first.  On our 3rd date there was snow on the ground and it was snowing when he took me home I told him how great it would be for him to build me a snowman.  The next morning when I got up there was a huge plastic snowman setting on my front porch.  I was so excited.  Now the rest of story was he stole it out of someone's yard and when my mom went to walmart and told people about it.  The owner found out and I had to give back.  But it was the thought even though it was stolen.  I know this kinda sounds bad but that was 40 tears ago and he never stole again.
Quote 1 0
ThrivenotSurvive
I like this - I will add one.  When I was pregnant with our daughter, I had a picture perfect pregnancy.  Healthy, not sick at all, etc. But during labor I contracted strep in my blood stream (likely at the hospital.) I was VERY sick, my temperature shot to 108 degrees and I was admitted for an emergency C-section.  Luckily, the infection did not have time to reach our daughter and she was fine - but I was not.  They had to keep me on the strongest antibiotics available for days and the fluids they had to use to keep my veins from collapsing made me swell up like a pumpkin.  I looked horrible - and felt worse.  

My husband stayed by my side around the clock.  He took care of our daughter and me.  He bathed me, fixed my hair - and even tried to help me put on some makeup because he knew it made me feel better.  He was only 23 but he stepped up like a champ.  He made me feel beautiful even when I had to look like death warmed over and fed and bathed our daughter even when he was exhausted from working all day just to give me a chance to rest.  The gentleness and care he displayed in the six months or so after our daughter was born made my love for him deepen dramatically.  

Another time was after I'd received a big promotion at work - he stopped at a Best Buy and bought me a top of the line computer.  He knew I'd never spend that  kind of money on myself and wanted me to know how proud of me he was.  

Thank you for the idea Crushed - it made me smile too.
BS - Female
Married 27 years, one adult child
DD May 2016

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - V Frankl
Quote 3 0
Crushed
The holidays are hard on all of us.  A little remembering of the good times helps I hope.   
Quote 1 0
Saoirse
I think it might be too soon for me, LOL. But when we had our fourth child he crawled into the birthing pool because he wanted to "catch" himself - and he did, a beautiful daughter born right into her daddy's hands while our family and older children watched and cried. It was beautiful. He's a great doula.
BS
D-Day 10-26-19
Quote 0 0
Blessedby7
Saoirse wrote:
I think it might be too soon for me, LOL. But when we had our fourth child he crawled into the birthing pool because he wanted to "catch" himself - and he did, a beautiful daughter born right into her daddy's hands while our family and older children watched and cried. It was beautiful. He's a great doula.

This is beautiful! Although birth is a medical emergency according to my husband (he'd call in the national guard if he could...lol) he has always been right by my side for all but the 8th birth, and that's only because she came so fast that the nurses kept kind of pushing him out of the way. He's supported me through two homebirth, even when he wasn't comfortable with it (medical emergency and all 😂), and encouraged me when I wanted to give up and get medicated. We make a great team when it comes to birth, even as scary as it is for him. And he's been absolutely amazing since our newest arrived two months ago. We've had sleepless nights and all where I've had to sleep on the couch with both the baby and the toddler, and he goes so far as to tuck me in, get me a drink and a snack, make sure I'm comfortable and even tries to make me laugh when I'm emotional from lack of sleep, frustration and all the other thoughts swirling in my head from what he's done. Those tender moments give me so much hope. 

Another memorable moment for me was just a couple of weeks after our baby was born. It was our weekend anniversary and I was really struggling because last year he was with her on our anniversary. We went out to dinner and a group stopped us and was oohing and aahing over the baby, you know how it goes. Anyway, I always love people's reactions when they say "oh, is this your first?" And I respond that she's our eighth. One of the women said "wow, you look great for having eight kids!" And he said "doesn't she though?"  It was so simple, but it meant so much in that moment because it's been so long since truly paying me a compliment like that. In the past year he's gotten slightly better at it, but at that moment, it was exactly what I needed. It still makes me tear up a little. I needed that affirmation so badly. 

I needed this today
Female BS
Dday 10/12/2018, but major trigger dates are 10/5-10/7 (wedding anniversary) 
Quote 0 0
Crushed
I think we all need some really fond memories about now.   The holidays are so hard
Quote 0 0