ssix6pack Show full post »
TheFarmGirl
I'm 3 months out. My hobbies overlaps with farm chores for the most part... so to maintain the garden and animals I just have to go through the motions every day. I really love horses, and prior to d-day had been training a pony for my son to ride. I just now felt good enough to try to get back at it (once).

My garden looks like crap, and it is really hard to find the motivation to do the bigger tasks... as I don't enjoy eating or cooking as I used to, so it's hard to motivate myself to grow food. 

Ive been reading more than usual... the pertinent books, but also lots of fiction to keep my mind distracted.  

Someone above mentioned action books being helpful... I'll throw in one of my favorites: "Bridge of Birds" by Barry hughart. It's a fun one with no romance to the best of my knowledge. 

Another book I re-read since dday was "only by blood and suffering" by levoy finicum. It is from a very distinct political view, specifically taking care of yourself, and not expecting to rely on others... I think that's why it appealed to me at this time. 

Good luck to all at regaining the happiness in your hobbies. 
Quote 3 0
TheFarmGirl
Oddly (since I am so early in the pain), I haven't been too triggered by the topic of infidelity in movies... I even rented a comedy about that ("the other woman"), and it was strangely comforting to see the betrayed wife acting like a crazy comical mess. 
Quote 0 0
ssix6pack
TheFarmGirl wrote:
I'm 3 months out. My hobbies overlaps with farm chores for the most part... so to maintain the garden and animals I just have to go through the motions every day. I really love horses, and prior to d-day had been training a pony for my son to ride. I just now felt good enough to try to get back at it (once).

My garden looks like crap, and it is really hard to find the motivation to do the bigger tasks... as I don't enjoy eating or cooking as I used to, so it's hard to motivate myself to grow food. 

Ive been reading more than usual... the pertinent books, but also lots of fiction to keep my mind distracted.  

Someone above mentioned action books being helpful... I'll throw in one of my favorites: "Bridge of Birds" by Barry hughart. It's a fun one with no romance to the best of my knowledge. 

Another book I re-read since dday was "only by blood and suffering" by levoy finicum. It is from a very distinct political view, specifically taking care of yourself, and not expecting to rely on others... I think that's why it appealed to me at this time. 

Good luck to all at regaining the happiness in your hobbies. 

thanks for the suggestions. I haven’t gotten too much into fiction again, not yet. I can’t seem to do it. But, I have been reading non fiction a lot. I feel like I’ve picked up new hobbies more than I have picked back up my old ones. I definitely cannot take infidelity in any form of entertainment, even jokes about “hooking up” or thinking someone looks “young and hot”, and I’m a mess. We mostly watch documentaries or children’s movies now. 
Betrayed female
2/11/18, d day #1. 
1/2019, d day #2.
Over a decade of unfaithfulness. 
Quote 1 0
TheFarmGirl
ssix6pack wrote:

thanks for the suggestions. I haven’t gotten too much into fiction again, not yet. I can’t seem to do it. But, I have been reading non fiction a lot. I feel like I’ve picked up new hobbies more than I have picked back up my old ones. I definitely cannot take infidelity in any form of entertainment, even jokes about “hooking up” or thinking someone looks “young and hot”, and I’m a mess. We mostly watch documentaries or children’s movies now. 

maybe we should compile a list of "no common trigger" movies and books for ourselves;-)
Quote 0 0