TimT
A husband and wife talk about their affair recovery. You can read Craig & Lauren's Story online using the link below, or download the PDF version (attached) for offline reading.

http://www.affairhealing.com/craig-lauren-affair-story.html
Quote 0 0
Lauren
Hello! First of all, thank you for taking the time to read our story.  Can't believe it's been over 4 years since we posted our story for all to see.  Since then our life has changed in ways neither one of us could have imagined back then.  We now have a very full family, with 2 beautiful boys, ages 3 years and 21 months.  For us, true healing is an on-going process that we work at and embrace every day.

Lauren:  Forgiveness, trust, and communication have been the three most meaningful words for me in our marriage over these past few years.  Have I truly and completely forgiven?  Yes, because without it we wouldn't be where we are today in our marriage.  Was it easy? No.  It was gradual and took a lot of time before I could honestly say in my heart I had completely forgiven him.  And it was liberating!!! Trust... Do I trust him whole-heartedly?  I don't know that there will ever again be a black and white definition of trust for me.  I am no longer suspicious or questioning, analyzing every slightly out of the norm occurrence, but I do believe I will always be "on alert" for all the signs I missed before.  However, my trust in Craig still continues to grow day by day, month by month, and year by year.  Communication is the critical piece that keeps that trust growing and keeps our marriage growing stronger than it's ever been before.  We talk, really talk, in ways we never did before.  That's the positive I can take out of all the pain we went through.  We've discovered all the things that were truly missing in our marriage to begin with.  Real communication, effort, and honestly working every day to be a better couple.

Craig:  It's truly amazing to be where we are today.  Lauren and I've grown as a couple and as individuals.  I can honestly say that i couldn't have predicted this in my wildest dreams.  Through all the pain and suffering i caused, this woman chose to "stick it out" and give me a second chance i didn't deserve.  I've pledged my heart, my will and my soul to her.  Having said that, this hasn't been easy.  It truly takes commitment like never before.  I now live by very simple rules in all aspects of my life; truth, integrity, morals, ethics, communication, truth, truth and more truth.  I will say that living one REAL life is much more rewarding than multiple fake ones... 

Quote 2 0
Godspeach
Thank you for your willingness to share Lauren and Craig. I particularly liked what Lauren wrote about communication being critical to trusitng again, and when Craig said that living a real life (one of truth, integrity, morals, ethics, etc is worth more than a million fake ones.
Quote 1 0
Lauren
Godspeach wrote:
Thank you for your willingness to share Lauren and Craig. I particularly liked what Lauren wrote about communication being critical to trusitng again, and when Craig said that living a real life (one of truth, integrity, morals, ethics, etc is worth more than a million fake ones.

You're very welcome. Thank you as well for commenting. I've read several of your posts and can see you're dealing with a lot of pain. I can remember vividly times throughout our recovery when my husband was doing everything "right" and yet it still wasn't enough. Only in looking back later was I able to see that there were parts of the healing process I had to be willing to take control of myself. Yes, he had hurt me and broken me, but he couldn't fix it, no matter how hard he tried, if I wasn't willing and wanting and working to heal. For each of us I believe the journey is unique and individual and I hope your journey to true healing continues.
Quote 0 0