BlindCheetah

Our 19th anniversary will be just under 6 months from DDay, and about 4 1/2 months from last contact. I’m not sure what to do but we are overdue for a date and there is no where to go. We can probably make a picnic in a park happen. H has a history of thinking it’s a tragedy if we don’t do something huge and special for our anniversary for me just enjoying each other’s company is a good day. I’m not expecting it to be an easy day but I want to enjoy it. 

Anyone have any quarantine date ideas? Not getting out of the house is starting to make everyone a little sensitive, this weeks arguments - nutritional value of whole grain and white bread and the frustrations of being in a house full of YouTube Zombies. 🙄

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 
Affair 1, 11/2010 to 2/2011
Affair 2, 6/2019 to 12/2019 - Persistent One is still trying to contact him. 

Quote 0 0
Jennifer
Quarantine date ideas:

1. Cook a meal together and have a indoor picnic-There may be free cooking classes you can find online now that everything is closed.
2. Play games: Find board games or card games and have fun playing together.
3. Paint night: Find a picture and try to recreate it or listen to a song and paint how the song makes you feel.
4. Dance: Free dance videos all over YouTube right now!
5. Drive to favorite spots that have meaning to the two of you and share memories from that place.
6. Wine tasting at home.
7. Karaoke night.

Just a few thoughts!
Quote 1 0
BlindCheetah

@Jennifer Thanks for the ideas. I’d prefer to do something outside, we have acreage so we’re not really stuck inside. We could use some kid free time too. 

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 

Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
I’m thanking my lucky stars that liquor stores are consider “essential” businesses in my state!  Lol
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 4 0
BlindCheetah
Liquor stores are essential here too, also drive through margaritas. As of now our county is still not “infected” but all surrounding counties are.

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 

Quote 0 0
ThrivenotSurvive
What about a scavenger hunt on your property?  Each of you do one for the other - and at the end of it is a card or homemade item as a prize?  
BS - Female
Married 27 years, one adult child
DD May 2016

“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” - V Frankl
Quote 0 0
Vanessa
That's a great idea Thrive - and Cheetah, please pay attention to the effort WS makes on his end- this should not be a 70/30 anniversary (where you do 70 per cent of the work and he does 30)
Quote 1 0
BlindCheetah
I’d rather he did the 70. Last year I arranged a year in advance for us to have 4 kids free days alone, we had very different views on how that weekend went. He was upset about not being able to think of anything cool to do, I enjoyed the quiet and just being together. By day 4 my introvert mode was really kicking in and I needed some time to myself, he took that as a rejection and a sign that I didn’t enjoy the last 3 days. He was a lot deeper in depression than I realized at that point. 

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 

Quote 0 0
Keepabuzz
I don’t celebrate our anniversary anymore. Maybe one day we will pick another date of significance, but that date is like celebrating a death. I’m really glad others here are able to retain that day, and celebrate it. Good for you!
Male BS, D-day July 2015, trying to stay out of the dark.....
Quote 2 0
BlindCheetah
It’s quarantineniversary day, we’re sending the kids next door to Grandma’s house. He’s been trying way too hard to “help” me have fun for the last few days which has been really annoying. I think I need to start my day with a long walk.

Female BS
Married 19 years 
2 tween girls

DDay 10/2019 

Quote 1 0